Schlumbergera Purple Plowers
- The Purple Christmas cactus brings cheer! Bright Purple flowers grow on the cactus.
- The winter months are much more colourful with the Christmas cactus.
- Schlumbergera is a very special indoor plant that flowers wonderfully in the winter.
- The flowers are very elegantly shaped, the bright white petals are slightly darker at the tips.
- Because of the hanging habit of the flowers the Schlumbergera looks beautiful in a hanging basket or in a tall pot.
Can grow up to 45cm in the right conditions.
Season of Interest
All year round. Flowering session in winter
A Christmas cactus should be kept in a bright place, with indirect light.
Water your Christmas cactus only when the soil gets dry to the touch. But during the flowering season, it is crucial to keep the soil evenly moist by misting it frequently.
Best Growing Conditions
Grow your Christmas cactus in a warm, bright spot out of direct sunshine, and mist a few times a week. In order to flower every year, Schlumbergera need two periods of ‘rest’ – lower temperatures and less watering – after flowering in late winter and again in September.