1kg Shallot Onion Planting Sets – Yellow Moon/Red Sun
Perfect for British climate
- Kilo with 500g Yellow Moon and 500g Red Sun varieties which is a high yielding mix
- Ideal for planting and harvesting outdoors in UK
- Perfect for beginners and novices starting growing own vegetables
- Shallot 'Red Sun' is arguably the best of the red shallots. Producing good yields of crisp, white fleshed bulbs of excellent flavour for cooking, salads or for pickling.
- The Yellow Moon type gives a heavy crop of high quality, healthy bulbs whether planted in spring or autumn. The plants are not prone to bolting and the harvested bulbs store very well. Flavour and texture are both excellent.
- These shallots are sweeter and milder than onions, shallots have twice the amount of vitamin C and are also rich in vitamins A, B and E.
Can grow up to 60 cm in the right conditions.
None arrive as bulbs
Season of Interest
Best Growing Conditions
To be planted in autumn or spring in a well-drained, fertile soil. Generally planted in spring, from mid-March to mid-April. To be planted 2cm deep with its showing at the surface. Space them 15–20 cm apart, in rows 30–45 cm apart.